A few years ago I stumbled across the instagram account of my now favorite food blogger, Tieghan Gerard, the face behind the drool worthy site, Half Baked Harvest.
I was immediately drawn in by her photos, which are insane, and then I tried some of her recipes and was hooked. The food never disappoints, but what kept me coming back to HBH every day wasn’t the food, it was Tieghan herself. You can just tell from her videos and the way she engages with her followers that she’s such a genuine person.
Since following her she’s published two cookbooks that have quickly become staples in my kitchen. They’re gorgeous and I love having a bit of Half Baked Harvest at home. Her newest book, HBH Super Simple, has quickly overtaken the first and become my favorite cookbook. I use it constantly and my husband actually likes every meal I’ve made. (Does that count as wife goals? Haha!)
So, because my guy is a chocoholic I had to make the five-ingredient hazelnut brownies (six counting the chocolate chips, which I think are essential).
I mean, she had me at Nutella, but only 6 ingredients for brownies?! Sign me up!
Grab a copy here: Half Baked Harvest: Super Simple Cookbook
(I’m not affiliated in any way, just a fan sharing the love.)
- 1 cup nutella
- 2 large eggs, at room temp
- 4 tbs salted butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional, but I think they're essential)
- Heat the oven to 350. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the nutella, eggs, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips (if using... USE THEM). Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake until the brownies are just set, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.